Saturday, April 24, 2010

Surrender

This was sort of the topic at at church last week, and guess what?  This week it hit home!  Why does that always happen?  Everytime I hear a sermon I am able to directly apply it within days.  I know you can agree with me on this!  This week was no different.  It has been a long week, ups and downs and some really crazy stuff going on.  Stuff I have no control over, which is an issue for me.  I have now laid it down for God and his Son to take over.  That is such a great feeling, to just let it go and KNOW I don't have the answers and I don't need to know all the time!  I like to say to myself "humility gains peace and grace" does that make sense?  I know I don't have the answers, don't need to know them, therefore by being humble and handing my stuff onto my creator I gain so much peace!  For a control freak this is not achieved without serious prayer.  I have prayed so much this week, mostly last night that I finally feel that peace.  I have surrendered once again, giving the power back where it belongs and letting HIS will be done.  I know without a doubt great things happen when I humbly do this, they have throughout my life.  In fact, the BEST things in my life have happened when I have done this.  I know the answers will come through loud and clear in the next couple of weeks and regardless of what they may reveal, I am ready to receive them.  One will change things so drastically that at the moment I just can't even start to fathom it, and the other will bring some saddness but also clarity in the future!  I know this is vague, but the details aren't really important.  The babble of what I am praying about really doesn't matter, what matters is I am reminded again of how important it is to keep praying, and seeking that peace that comes with having an authentic relationship with my creator.  Laying down my concerns and questions have given me a peace once again.  After a good session of prayer I always feel so light, the physiological aspects of prayer are really amazing.  I feel them so intensely that I guess I was moved to share them.  My senses are heightened and the lightness, almost "airy" feeling I get in my chest is wonderful.  A deep sense of relief, peace and knowing that things happen for a reason gives me hope and confidence in what the next few weeks will reveal. 

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Not sure what is going on, but you seem to have it under control. God will show you the way. He has a plan. You know what I am going through right now and to know that He has it all planned out seems to make it better.
((HUGS))
FROG(Fully Rely On God)

Em said...

You inspire me in so many ways all the time! Love you, girl!!