Friday, May 14, 2010

Catch Up

Just trying to catch up on our blog this morning while watching Wyatt play in the grass, and Taylor is busy with her best little girlfriend swinging and pushing strollers around.  The weather has been gorgeous here, but it is going to be getting super hot now so we will be playing outdoors early in the a.m. and late in the p.m.!  We had a wonderful Mother's Day, the kids were dedicated at church on Sunday morning.  We presented Taylor with her own little cross necklace.  It is so tiny and delicate, and a very special gift from us.  My mom made a great breakfast and the kids went swimming with Papa and Chris in the afternoon.  Taylor's homemade Mother's Day card, a bracelet she made at school and a pin that says "I love you mommy" were my highlights and I proudly wear the bracelet alongside my Pandora bracelet.  She wrote some sweet things about me in a little book at school, all of which I am saving in my bureau. 

We are looking forward to a trip to Schnepp Farms this weekend to their Peach Festival.  They have an organic garden you can pick your own veggies and fruit, which will be wonderful.  There is a petting zoo and some other things for the kids to do.  It should be a fun day. 

Wyatt has really gotten great at walking!  He is practically running, and of course has major wipeouts.  He is big enough to get onto the battery 4-wheeler and ride around the yard.  He has fallen off a few times, but gets right back on.  We love to watch him explore his new found freedom that comes with mobility.

Taylor has been able to reach the pedals on her "big bike" with training wheels.  She proudly informed me "don't call me a little girl anymore.  I ride a big girl bike so you don't get to call me little now".  So there!  She will be in the summer program at her school, they will be doing some really neat things like dinosaur week (digging bones) and more.  She is getting to be quite the fish over at my parents house, and loves to grab Harley by the tail and let her pull her around the pool.  It is quite a site.  Harley is true to her breed, a lab is a great retriever!

Pics to follow soon!  Wyatt's mobility has left me exhausted at the end of each day, his energy is endless! 

1 comments:

The Larsons said...

i feel busy with zero children, you're a superstar for juggling life plus two :) They sound like such wonderful kiddos - can't believe how quickly they're growing up!