Friday, April 2, 2010

If you wish upon a star...

Today we went to Disney on Ice in Phoenix! I had originally planned on taking Taylor, and Chris was going to take a much needed and deserved day off with Wyatt. As fate would have it, he got called in to work due to a threat case he had to work. So I got to take both kids! I was a little worried that Wyatt would not be able to sit still, he doesn't sit for anything. I knew having to walk around with him would ruin the show for Taylor, so I was really apprehensive about taking him. We got parked, and I walked several blocks through downtown Phoenix pushing the umbrella stroller with Wyatt, and a fully dressed Cinderella on my shoulders. I got plenty of funny looks from the working folks downtown as we made our way to the US Airways Center. Someday I will get the city figured out! We got in our seats right as the show started and the kids were spellbound. With eyes wide, Taylor smiled and pointed as Mickey and Minnie Mouse introduced the show. Wyatt was bouncing on my lap and shrieking with delight at his favorite cartoon character before his eyes, Mickey! He was pointing and laughing, clapping and kept looking at me. He danced the entire first half of the show and was a perfect angel. He became a little edgy during the second act, but some goldfish, and yogurt covered raisins kept the wiggles at bay. Taylor was amazed as she watched her princesses in real life, and she especially loved the act with Pinocchio. She is my child, she loves the classics more than anything! Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio are two that she repeatedly loves to watch. At the end of the show we made our way out of the crowds and Taylor reached celebrity status. I was surprised not many girls were dresssed up! A sweet little boy about Taylor's age came up to her and his mom said "Aiden wants to meet the most pretty Cinderella, can we get a picture of them?" Always gracious to her adoring fans, the princess stood with the shy and starry eyed prince, held his hand and took a picture. I thought little Aiden was going to fall over when she hugged him, I think he really thought she was Cinderella! It was so precious and his mother was so nice. We topped of the afternoon with a bite at Hard Rock Cafe, and Chris was able to leave work a little early. What a perfect ending to a magical day. Taylor and I sang "if you wish upon a star..." all the way back to the car. Happy Easter to everyone!




2 comments:

Em said...

I love this story! So glad the day went well! Aiden and Taylor... they sound like they'd be a cute little pair!

Tasha said...

What a GREAT day! Sounds like Wyatt really enjoyed himself. I love that Taylor had to wear her costume. Such a little princess!
BTW-LOVE your hat!