Saturday, August 7, 2010

Explorer Birthday!

I can't believe that Taylor is almost 4 years old!  She was born August 10th, 2006, and I thank God every day that I was so blessed to be chosen as her mother.  She has started preschool and has already changed in one short week of school.  Today we had her birthday party, and she chose to have a Dora the Explorer themed party.  Taylor is always in Dora mode.  Everywhere we go she says "Vamanos" or "Where are we going?" or my favorite "do we take the minga path or the singa path, minga path, RIGHT!" (Minga and Singa are her version of Spanish.  We planned a treasure hunt for the kids, complete with explorer hats!  Each stop had a clue, and at the end they got their goodie bags.  It was a fun time with pizza, homemade cupcakes that were a complete family effort (Thanks Uma for baking, Taylor helping me decorate and Mandi for bringing her own yummy additions!)  The kids all seemed to enjoy the treasure hunt, and Taylor made out like a bandit.  Her friend and family are overly generous, she is a blessed little girl to have such great friends!  Here are some pictures Aunt Mandi took.  We were missing Uncle Matt, Aunt Ivy and Maddy Grace today.  Just a couple days ago Taylor said "Mommy is Aunt Ivy coming to my birthday?" and I told her she was too far away this year.  She said "oh that makes me sad, I wish she could come because I love her".  AWWWWW!



Explorer Hats!
Will, Cheyenna, Taylor and Natalie enjoying some lunch

Ready to go on a treasure hunt?  Here we go!
I was trying to get the kiddos to calm down to go on the hunt, so "where are we going?" clap clap clap did the trick
Wyatt finally woke up and joined us
Taylor in her birthday dress Uma made on Friday!

Brooklynn giving Taylor a hand with her Alice in Wonderland  tea set!
Wyatt and I playing in the balloons

0 comments: