Friday, July 23, 2010

Blessings Abound!!!

I am walking on air today, and very grateful for wonderful blessings!  Most of you who know me well, know the last year has been hard and trying.   I have wondered many times if things would ever turn around!  I feel like I am finally seeing the turn around.  I interviewed for a great position last week and was offered the job today!  I am so excited that I didn't really hear what my now boss was telling me, I was shaking!  I will be the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Technology Transformation at American Express.  I have had great "intel" from some friends that this is a fabulous company to work for, and the vibe I got was amazing.  My boss is from the UK, and she has two small children.  She was so nice and emphasized that she is flexible and encourages growth within the company.  The assistant I will be replacing is being promoted and she lives close to us here in Surprise, hello carpooling!  There is an opportunity for me to "telecommute" or work from home at times which is really exciting as well.  I didn't think jobs like this existed, certainly not for me, and I am thrilled beyond words.  I truly am blessed, and can't wait to go back to work! Wyatt will be in the day care program at our church 3 days a week, while Taylor will stay in her current preschool schedule.  She will go home with a friend of ours on those afternoons, and both kids will stay with Uma Tuesdays and Thursdays for the first couple of months until they get used to this transition and will go to full time.  I toured the Amex campus on my interview and it is truly amazing!  It is a great company that really seems to value its employees and their families.  Anyway, this is a BIG change for me, but one I am ready for and so thankful.  I am excited to be back in the office doing much the same thing that I did for Senator Allard when I worked in Washington D.C. and who knows where this road may lead me next!  Everything happens for a reason, I don't question, just follow faithfully! 

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

Tasha said...

Way to go!!! Congrats.

Em said...

SO excited for you and the whole fam! You rock!