Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wyatt (aka Dennis the Menace) might end up in Military School or the Penetentiary

Okay I am in the blogging mood tonight.  This is completely gross.  If you are even slightly the type to get sick to your stomach then stop reading right now, I warned you.  I have determined Wyatt is going to military school or possibly prison.  Kids who do the stuff he does don't end up anywhere else.  I know, he is not even 18 months old, right? I can already see this kid is going to have a rough road. 
Wyatt is sweet, don't get me wrong.  He is lovable, sweet and charming.  However he is also the one kid in the room who looks around thinking "what can I do to create maximum damage/chaos?"  You can SEE it in his eyes.  He has that glimmer, that mischevious look that you see in that kid in school right before someone gets hurt and sent to the principal.  That kid is Wyatt James, my heart and soul.  Every day he tortures his sister in ways I would not expect at his age!  If we tell him he can't have something or do something, he is instantly furious and throws whatever is in his hands or closest to him.  He will throw, hit, he pinches.  He is a holy terror.  Now this might seem normal to most moms of boys, but I have Taylor.  She never did this stuff!  So the night before I head to my first day at work this is what happened to solidify my belief that my sweet baby boy is headed for a rough future:) I say this all tongue in cheek, just so you can tell these words are dripping with sarcasm.
I hear Wyatt rustling from a nap.  He starts kicking his crib against the wall, he does this frequently.  He isn't crying, so I think I have a few more minutes to get some last minute chores done.  Finally he starts making some noise so I go in.  I walk in to the grossest scene yet in my days as his mom.  Wyatt had taken his diaper off, which had contained a poo.  The kicking I heard was him presumably kicking the diaper off.  At some point, kicking the poo onto the back of his crib and all over the matress.  Then he must have pushed himself over to stand up, so yes, it was all over him and his hands.  He was sobbing.  So I put this child in the bathtub right away.  About the time I get him cleaned up and in a diaper, and start to clean up the mess my Mom shows up.  I march her in and say "Look what your grandson has done".  She gasps as Wyatt watches her.  She looks at him and says "Wyatt that was very naughty, that is not good Wyatt."  To this Wyatt, giggles, points to the mess and starts laughing and sticks his tongue out. 

Kids who play with their feces end up in bad places.  It makes me think of mental institutions and prisons.  I know that it is pretty typical of many kids.  I just never thought mine would be one of THOSE kids.  Therefore I am researching military nursery schools.......;)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh my....taht is disgusting. I remember having one like that with one of the boys. Very hard to handle. YUCK!
Glad to hear work is going so well.

Frances said...

A military school is primarily intended for those who are in their teens but who knows, maybe a military school for the younger ones will become a reality.