Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moses and his "magical kwand", the President and Angels

I am trying to play catch up, Taylor has been coming up with stuff that only a 3 year old can. I have meant to keep a journal for both kids, but just maintaining sanity around here is a struggle. So the last journal entry was when Taylor was around 18 months old. Her latest most endearing story (there will be many more as I recall the more funny and sweet ones) is about Moses.

Her preschool is fantastic, and she is learning so many great things. It is Christian based education, which we are thrilled about. I love hearing her tell me the stories from the Bible, and her prayers at night are so sweet. The latest story she told me about was Moses. It went something like this. Moses had a magical "kwand" and he was trying to help people get out of the water. So they got across and to the mountain. When I asked her how his wand was magical she told me it was just a stick actually, but that God made it magic. Then she proceeded to tell me that the President and God are the same people (yes, I cringed, but I smiled). She went on to say that God made all of us, all of the animals and he keeps us safe. He is way up in the stars, oh "and Mars is way up there, but it is too far away". Oh to be three again! The things she comes up with on a daily basis make me cringe, and smile. Her heart is so pure! You might see her wearing an angel necklace from time to time. This goes along with a book that we are reading about a little girl who has a new baby in the house and some behavior issues. An angel visits her at night and asks her to be nice and listen to mommy, then gives her an angel necklace to help remind her to be sweet and kind during the day. So Taylor wears her necklace from time to time! Many more great Taylor stories to come...I promise. When Wyatt starts talking I am sure he will have many equally profound things to add! Right now he blows bubbles, makes massive messes, and bangs everything in site with his new hammer. He is on the verge of walking finally, and will have follow up x-rays with hopefully very positive results! Good night all!

1 comments:

Tasha said...

LOVE her Moses story! Can't wait to read more.